All-Wales Airway Group Bursary
The All-Wales Airway Group (AWAG) aims to promote excellence in difficult airway management in Wales, fostering airway-related research and audit, and supporting professional development. To further this aim, AWAG is offering financial support of up to £500 to trainees and medical students, who work or study in Wales.
The AWAG bursary may be used to fund resources required to conduct an audit or research project. Funds may also be used to support professional development within the airway management field, such as to cover costs of attending a course or conference.
Successful applicants will be expected to provide an oral presentation at the AWAG annual conference detailing their work or area of study.
Applications will be reviewed by the AWAG committee, and scored on relevance, originality and benefit to the specialty and society.
To apply, a completed application form must be received no later than April 10th 2020.
Conditions of Award
- Applicants must work or study in Wales
- Bursary funds must be used within 12 months of award.
- Receipts and evidence of spending must be provided on request.
- The committee may elect to award a lesser amount than that applied for.
- Projects should comply with governance requirements, including ethics committee approval, where relevant.
- Applicants are expected to provide an oral presentation at an AWAG conference approximately 12 months (and no later than 24 months) after receipt of the award.
- The work should be presented at an AWAG event before presentation at any other national or international event, unless agreed by the AWAG committee,
- Financial support by the All-Wales Airway Group is acknowledged in any publication or presentation of the work.
- Where no applications of a sufficient standard are received, no fund will be awarded.
- The availability of the bursary scheme may be withdrawn at any time
- The decision of the AWAG committee is final.