To help group delegates with similar levels of experience, please tell us approximately how many intubations you have performed
This one-day course is aimed at Emergency physicians of all grades (including ACCS), and novice trainees in Anaesthetics. The course covers a wide range of basic to advanced airway management techniques, with teaching provided through small-group workshop and simulation sessions.
The course caters for ‘airway novices’ - providing an introduction to skills such as drug-assisted intubation, as outlined in the EM training curriculum. The day will also provide an excellent refresher to more experienced delegates, with exposure to advanced airway techniques, ongoing care of the intubated patient, and team-working in difficult airway management.
An experienced faculty of emergency physicians and anaesthetists will deliver the course in the well-equipped Cochrane Centre, which hosts an impressive simulation suite.
We aim to group delegates of similar experience, so that topics can be covered at an appropriate level. A course manual is also available on this page once you have registered to attend. This provides extensive theoretical knowledge, which the workshops and simulation sessions build upon.
If you have registered to attend this course, please ensure you are logged-in, and scroll down the page to the "Resources" section where you can access the pre-course manual and MCQ.
If you are having difficulties viewing the course manual PDF, please right click on the link and choose "Save Link As..." or "Download Linked File", and save it to your computer before viewing.
- 08:15 - 08:45 Registration and Coffee
- 08:45 - 08:55Welcome
- 09:00 - 10:00Airway assessment workshop
- 09:00 - 10:00Basic Airway Management Workshop
- 10:10 - 10:55RSI Workshop
- 11:00 - 11:15 Coffee
- 11:20 - 13:00Failed Intubation Workshop
- 11:20 - 13:00Cricothyroidotomy Workshop
- 11:20 - 13:00Post-intubation Care Workshop
- 13:00 - 13:45 Lunch
- 13:45 - 14:25Simulation 1 - Head Injury
- 14:30 - 15:10Simulation 2 - Septic Shock
- 15:15 - 15:30 Coffee
- 15:35 - 16:15Simulation 3 - Severe Asthma
- 16:20 - 17:00Simulation 4 - Cardiac Arrest
- 17:05 - 17:15Course reflection and closing remarks